HSE International

Demolition company fined after worker struck by concrete panel

A contracted demolition company has been fined after a worker suffered multiple injuries when he was struck by a concrete spandrel panel weighing 500kg…

Manchester paint manufacturer fined after worker suffers burns cleaning spray booth floor

A cloud of flammable vapour in the spray booth was ignited by the electric motor of the floor scrubber. The man was seriously injured, with 26% burns…

TGI Friday’s Trafford Centre restaurant fined £60k after chef suffers burns from boiling oil

TGI Friday’s was prosecuted on behalf of Trafford Council for failing to meet health and safety standards after a chef was burnt on the shin and foot…

Hatters Hostel owners sentenced over asbestos failings

An unannounced inspection by the HSE at a Hatters Hostel in Manchester found that no asbestos survey had been conducted prior to a basement conversion…

Salford labourer fractured neck and back after refurbishment project wall collapse

An investigation found that Workspace Design and Build Ltd of Manchester One had no suitable risk assessment in place, nor was adequate PPE being worn by…

Asbestos analyst fined for fake air clearance certificate

Barrie Lyons failed to carry out a suitable inspection of the site and the correct amount of air sampling, despite reporting to his employer and client that he had..

Bolton nightclub owner fined over asbestos exposure

Up to 20 workers were potentially exposed to deadly asbestos fibres in order for the club to open in time for an influx of students for Fresher’s week…

Diecasting firm fined after worker suffers serious burns

An aluminium diecasting producer has been fined £140,000 after a worker suffered life threatening injuries when he became trapped in a machine.

error: © 2018 Olympus Publishing Ltd. All rights reserved.