Sowga® – Delivering Innovation, Energy Efficiency & Compliance in Buildings
http://luatcongminh.com/?=buy-dapoxetine-tablets Aaron Giudice, Commercial Director at Sowga Ltd speaks to HSE International about the provision of ‘Integrated Engineering Solutions’ to protect and improve the built environment.
follow url HISTORY
Sowga Engineering Limited was formed in 1977 to provide industrial clients with mechanical services, ranging from the installation of pipework and packaged units to complete boiler houses, compressor houses and pumping stations.
The company’s unique name stands for Steam, Oil, Water, Gas and Compressed Air.
The Sowga of today, (Sowga Ltd) was formed in 2009 when it’s current owner and managing Director, David Howard, acquired the business. It was at this point that Sowga made the transition from a purely mechanical Services company to a mechanical & Electrical company, which could deliver both installation and maintenance services.
Since 2009, Sowga has added several technical services into our offering, including HVAC, BEMS, Fire and Security and Public Health. This is what we call our ‘Integrated Engineering Solutions’.
Our mission is to help facilities and property managers run more efficient and sustainable businesses. This is achieved through the installation and maintenance of technical building services, the management of energy needs, and by ensuring the provision of safe and comfortable environments for staff, visitors and guests.
order gabapentin overnight SECRETS TO SUCCESS
The secret to our success is our dedication to delivering exceptional quality services with an absolute focus on customer care.
For Sowga, it’s all about listening to our clients and truly understanding their needs; being able to tailor a service thereafter.
Our core values are:
• Always keeping the clients’ interests first
• Striving to deliver the best possible service
• Listening to what the client wants and needs
• Honesty in all that we do. If we succeed, we celebrate, and if we make mistakes, we are honest about it, address any problems and learn from them.
• Trusted relationships. We believe that successful relationships are built around trust. We don’t make promises we can’t keep, and we deliver on our promises with good character and conviction.
We are passionate about giving back, and do so by:
• Investing in the future generation through
apprenticeships and traineeships
• Working within our local communities
• Supporting charities
AARON GIUDICE, COMMERCIAL DIRECTOR
My role as Commercial Director is vast, but can be summed up as
Overseeing all commercial activities for Sowga; ensuring we maximise all opportunities for profit generation, including:
• Being responsible for the Commercial Strategy of the business, including Business Development, Sales and marketing Strategies.
• Leading the Business Development/Sales Team.
• Ensuring all services delivered by the business are
• Understanding the value drivers (value/added value to our customers) of the business and identifying profitable commercial opportunities to grow revenue and market share.
• Developing and maintaining an excellent understanding of the key customers/target audience, to ensure that their needs are being met and that their business is retained.
• Assessing any risks to the business.
• maintaining an awareness of external factors
(including competitors, market conditions and legislation in relation to commercial activities) which impact the business. Communicating such information and any subsequent changes across the organisation.
• Collating and analysing business data pertaining to all commercial activities.
I hold a Level 7 (master’s Degree Level) Extended Diploma in Strategic management and Leadership and am currently working towards an MBA. On the technical side, I hold an NVQ in Electrical Installation Engineering.
NEW LONDON OFFICE
The new office location at Cavendish Square brings Sowga closer to our current London contracts and clients. It positions us perfectly to consolidate, reinforce and expand our portfolio within the capital. Along with access to existing contracts, moving into the city will allow us to concentrate a focus and drive into winning contracts within this primary location, thus allowing both ourselves and the clients we look after to prosper. The new office will aid in the fulfilment of our mission at Sowga – to help facilities and property managers run more efficient, compliant and sustainable businesses.
In the past 2 years, we have won many notable contracts including the M&E maintenance contracts on a portfolio of buildings with Broadgate Estates, which are:
• 10 Portman Square
• marble Arch House
• York House – Head Office of British Land
• Clarges mayfair
• Yalding House – the former home of BBC Radio
We have also won notable M&E project contracts, such as:
• Cooling Tower refurbishment and boiler replacement at global Law Firm, Freshfields
• Chiller replacement at 1 Hanover Street, for the Crown Estate, Supplying Apple Store
OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH & WELL-BEING
At Sowga, we take occupational health and safety very seriously and as such, we have achieved and maintain accreditation to OHSAS 18001.
Our Occupational Health and Safety management Certification provides us with a framework to identify, control and decrease the risks associated with health and safety within the workplace, sending a clear signal to our stakeholders and clients that we view employee’s health and safety as a priority within our organisation.
SITE SECURITY & FIRE SAFETY
We don’t generally work on ‘sites’ but rather fully occupied commercial buildings, which of course have very high security and fully compliant fire detection and prevention systems in place. We do have our own internal Fire & Security department which in turn, means we have a very detailed understanding of compliance in these areas. If and when we do have to work on ‘sites’ or complete project works, we ensure full compliance with the requirements of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 (CDM 2015).
FACILITIES SHOW AT ExCeL, LONDON
The Facilities Show brings together more than 11,000 visitors with over 300-suppliers and is the perfect place for every Facilities management (FM) professional to do business.
As the FM market is where we do the majority of our business, it makes perfect sense for us to be a part of this show; to growing our brand and identifying new opportunities.
MEMBERSHIP ASSOCIATIONS & ACCREDITATIONS
Sowga is accredited to an exceptionally high standard to meet all technical, professional and statutory requirements by the following bodies and associations: BESA, Refcom, gas Safe, NICEIC, BAFE, ISO9001: 2015, ISO14001: 2015 and OHSAS 18001: 2007.
THE FUTURE & BEYOND
We are currently planning an exciting growth strategy for the business, within which our main objective will be to further develop our people, including adding new technical, professional and management skills. This will enable us to grow our market share of the Fm m&E maintenance sector and diversify into new areas of the FM market.
We are passionate about apprenticeships and are planning on placing significant investment into developing the engineers and managers of the future.
For more information, go to
or call 01798 871000
WHO WE ARE
HSE International Magazine is the leading independent publication in corporate responsibility, health, safety and environmental practice, covering every industry and business sector worldwide.
We provide you with the latest news, views, legislative changes, industry awards coverage and comment from individuals and organisations at the forefront of successful health, safety and occupational risk management.