Swansea Magistrates Court heard how 67-year-old Philip Cannon carried out unsafe gas work on a boiler in the property on 23 January 2015. It was found the boiler emitted extremely high levels of Carbon Monoxide (CO). All three present in the property were later treated in hospital for Carbon Monoxide poisoning, including Mr Cannon.
An investigation by the Health and Safety Executive (HSE) and Gas Safe Register (GSR) found Mr Cannon failed to prevent the gas leak after working on the boiler. He allowed the boiler to operate in an unsafe manner and he also didn’t run the required tests, which would have detected the CO at the earliest chance.
Philip Cannon of Neath Road, Pontardawe has today pleaded guilty to breaching Regulation 6 (1) of the Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998 Section 33 (1) of the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974. Today he has been fined £933 and ordered to pay costs of £4,301.66.
Where can i buy some isotretinoin online only using cash or money orders Speaking after the hearing HSE inspector Simon Breen said: “Mr Cannon’s failings in this case were highly traumatic for those involved and entirely avoidable.”
HSE International Magazine is the leading independent publication in corporate responsibility, health, safety and environmental practice, covering every industry and business sector worldwide.
We provide you with the latest news, views, legislative changes, industry awards coverage and comment from individuals and organisations at the forefront of successful health, safety and occupational risk management.