HSE International

Farming duo fined after death of haulage contractor

Partners of Suffolk based farm F S Watts and Sons have been sentenced after a haulage contractor was killed by an overhead power line strike…

Oil and gas operators challenged on hydrocarbon releases (HCRs)

With the thirtieth anniversary of the Piper Alpha disaster approaching, the Health Safety Executive contacts offshore oil and gas production operators regarding gas releases in the North Sea…

Avidety: Power People – RoSPA Gold Award Winners 2017

We speak to Barrie Browning (MD) and Jonathan Phillips (SHEQ Manager) at Avidety about their first entry and success as RoSPA Gold Award winners …

Boundary Scaffolding prosecuted after worker Jamie Mines was electrocuted

In 2016, Jamie Mines suffered a severe electric shock erecting scaffolding that touched overhead power lines. He had to have four limbs amputated after …

The switch to electric cars – are we ready?

Although there has been an increase in the number of alternative fuel vehicles, including electric cars, they still make up a tiny percentage (1.2%) of all

Two companies fined after electrical worker suffers extensive burns

The man, employed by Park, Gate and Company Ltd (PGC), cut a live cable while carrying out electrical work and suffered burns to his face, arms and hands…

Hugh Dennis celebrates leading business success hosting ECA Awards Gala Dinner 2017

Eight top-performing businesses from across the engineering and electrotechnical services industry have scooped honours at this year’s ECA Awards…

#Project18 – ECA launches new Wiring Regulations Campaign

#Project18, a new campaign to raise awareness of the 18th edition of the Wiring Regulations (BS 7671), has been launched by the ECA. Bitesize video updates and a survey…

Carrington Workwear – A Reputation for Innovation

Tracing production back to the dawn of the industrial revolution, Carrington is the largest producer of workwear fabrics in the UK. Over 35 million metres…

Self-employed plumber fined after Carbon Monoxide leak leaves residents in hospital

Philip Cannon carried out unsafe gas work on a boiler at a house in Pontardulais. The boiler was found emitting extremely high levels of Carbon Monoxide…

error: © 2018 Olympus Publishing Ltd. All rights reserved.